The committee “Zakynthos Greece 2021” of the Municipality of Zakynthos in the framework of its actions to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the beginning of the Greek Revolution has organized an event on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 entitled “Painting ’21” at the Galaxy Hotel in Laganas, where granted by the owners the outdoor space.
The Commission’s announcement of the event states:
The event is attended by primary schools of all grades.
“The committee” Zakynthos Greece 2021 “will provide students with materials for their action, such as watercolors, paints, pencils and so on.
There will be boards and special ties to hang the works of the little creators.
The participants will also be guided by Mr. Tassos Liascos, the founder of the War Museum of the hotel, and in the special collection with original exhibits of 1821.
The folk painter Athena Lykouresi will guide the students with a support group.
Students will come in two groups.
The peculiarity of the event aims at the joint action of the students and the memorization of facts concerning the history of our homeland and the struggles for our freedom.
At this student event, all safety measures for COVID-19 will be observed “.
Another event to take place will be an evening at the Music School of Zakynthos. The event will take place in the courtyard of the Music School on Saturday 26-6-2021 at 20.30 ‘, which has been part of the celebration of 200 years since its inception of the Greek revolution of 1821.
The program of the event is as follows:
• 400 years of enslavement.
• KONSTANTIS (acritic song, performed by student H. Charta)
• THOURIOS (Traditional music recording by A. Sigala from the school choir
• THE EVZONAKIA (G. Lambelet)
• ODE IV IN THE HOLY BATTALION (Andrea Kalvou, recited by students E. Faskaei and I. Lazeni)
• HELLENIC MASSALIOTIDA
• STANZAS FROM THE NATIONAL ANTHEM (74th -78th, D. Solomou from the school choir)
• TO ‘TANE TO ’21 (S. Tsotou)
• LASKARINA BOUBOULINA
• TSAMIKOS (M. Hatzikaki- N. Gatsou from the school choir)
• LET THEM KEEP THE DANCES
• IN THE SHADOW HOLDING HANDS (from the “Hymn to Freedom” to traditional Zakynthian music by the school choir)